Latest edition of NAC today and recent committee meeting minutes uploaded to their relevant pages.
*Liz is going to contact Firle Estate to investigate whether planning permission would be needed for a metal container on the site of the existing wagon.
*Members are preparing for the ‘Have a Go’ at Firle Horse Trials.
*One of our members may be willing to look at the wagon doors.
*A decision will be made on the padlocks once we know for sure what is happening to the wagon doors.
*The medieval shoot was a great success and will be run again next year.
*The committee are going to look at the distance markers that run up the middle of the field as they appear to be inaccurate.
- Emma will be booking Tideway (Seahaven Academy) for January 2015 now that they have changed their exam procedures and the sports hall is available.
- Following a meeting with Firle Estate, we are investigating hiring a shipping container to replace the wagon which is in a poor state.
- The longbow/barebow competition takes place on 9th August - please contact Jackie if you would like to take part (payment is erequired to enter)
- There will be a medieval tournament on 16th August, a flyer has been circulated, but queries to Steve Linsdell.
- Volunteers are needed for the Firle Horse Trials 'have a go' on 31st August. Please let me know if you would like to help out, but you must have 3 years archery experience to help on the line!
- Looking into buying new scopes (that aren’t too sensitive) ASAP and replacing the BBQ in time for the next outdoor season.
- We plan to resolve the wagon lock issue by replacing the lock and arranging to get new keys to members who want them.
- Following a conversation with Firle Estate about the fencing and camping issues the club’s Officers will be meeting with Firle Estate.
- Plans are well under way for the Summer Bash.
- We are looking at getting a professional company in to deal with the rotting wagon doors as it’s a big job and needs to be completed quickly.
Just a reminder that the revised date for the summer party is this Saturday, 12th July. Let's hope the weather is kind to us! If you haven't already done so, let Jackie Oxley know if you are coming along.
Action list from the May committee meeting: * We plan to resolve the wagon lock issue by replacing the lock and arranging to get new keys to members who want them. * Following a conversation with Firle Estate about the fencing and camping issues the club’s Officers will be meeting with Firle Estate. * Plans are well under way for the Summer Bash. * We are looking at getting a professional company in to deal with the rotting wagon doors as it’s a big job and needs to be completed quickly.
We are still shooting the Albion match today, Sunday 6th July, even though the other team will not be there. Sighters at 11am even if it's raining! Field open to other archers shooting other distances.
The Summer Party due to take place on Saturday 28th June has been postponed due to the amount of rain forecast for the day and is now rescheduled for Saturday 12th July. Please let Jackie Oxley know if you will be coming along on the 12th July and whether you will be camping (you can leave a reply here to say you are coming along!!).
Items from the last Committee meeting :
- There have been problems with the wagon lock and the committee are investigating getting a new lock to fit the existing keys.
- We will be asking about fencing the field again in light of the camping.
- The committee would ask all members not to waste target faces and to ensure that everyone takes their rubbish home!
- We are organising the summer bash which will hopefully take place on the 28th June.
- Equipment needs to be taken indoors on 27th September.