If something isn’t working as you would expect, you’ve done something in error or just need some help, then let us know and we’ll see what we can do. An e-mail to email@example.com is probably easiest.
A link to a 4 page PDF userguide here.
I’ve lost my password.
Adding something to the ‘For Sale’ page or the ‘Discussion board’.
I’ve added something to the For Sale/ the discussion board / Feedback pages but it’s not being displayed.
I’m stuck in a strange screen with loads of little symbols down the left hand side.
I’m stuck in a strange screen, that appears to be called:
How do I change my details – e.g. password/ e-mail address etc.
Using the calendar
Importing the calendar into the calendar on my PC, tablet or phone.
Getting an ID on the system (Note: To see this screen you are currently logged on with an ID…)
Getting rid of unwanted boxes on the screen for entering a ‘New Post’.
Adding a comment to a page. If you can comment on a page there will be a ‘Leave a reply’ box at the bottom of the page e.g. as on the ‘Photo Gallery’ page’.
Commenting on someone else’s reply. Click on ‘Leave a reply’ under the person’s comment or on the speech bubble next to it (the number shows the number of existing replies.
Storing a link to a page (e.g. the ‘Score submission page) as a favourite so you can go straight to it. The exact steps depend on which browser you use, ask me (Nigel) and I’ll let you know.
Who can access the members area? Only members of the club who have been provided with an ID can access the site.
Suggesting an improvement to the website. Put it in a ‘Post’ in the ‘Discussion’ area of the site (the ‘Help’ area has a 3 step guide on how to do this here).
Adding photos to the gallery. – Send them to me – Nigel. You can add an image to a post that you create.
3 places that might have info if you are stuck in trying to do something.
- Click on ‘Help’ on the menu bar if you need some assistance on using the site.
- The latest version of the 4 page PDF user guide sent to all new members is avaialble here (it gets updated as the functionality on the website changes).
- Let me (Nigel) know if you have any problems that you can’t resolve.
If you are struggling with something, I’d much prefer to help you than end up with you not using the site. An e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org is probably easiest.
When creating a Post, there is now an ‘Add media’ button visible just below the ‘Post title’. This has an option that allows you to upload an image from your PC and then insert it into the post. More info on adding a Post is available here.
Can we upload pictures Nigel or is it purely text?
There arehalf a dozen boxes around the edge of the ‘New Post’ entry screen that are superfluous including WordPress Access Control,Tags, Featured Image, Format, Custom fields, ….
You can stop them appearing by clicking ‘Screen Options’ in the top right hand cornerand then removing the ticks from all the boxes except for ‘Categories’.
Once you’ve removed the ticks, click screen options again to close the list of tick boxes and return the screen to normal.
The items that appear in each of these pages are made up of a series of ‘posts’. Anyone logged on to the site can add a post. To do so follow these simple steps:
1) Note down all of the instructions below. Once you move away from this screen, you won’t be able to see these instructions!!!
2) Move the mouse to hover over ‘+ New‘ which is at the top of the screen near the middle and then click on it.
3) A screen titled ‘Add New Post’ will appear. Ensure you complete the following 3 steps BEFORE you press the ‘Publish’ button.
3a) Fill in the title.
3b) Write whatever you want in the body of the Post. You can use the font tools in the toolbar to embolden text underline, italicise, colour etc.
You can add photos to your blog by clicking ‘Add media’ then ‘Upload files’ to upload a file from your PC.
3c) Categorise your post i.e. ‘News’, ‘For Sale’, ‘Discussion’ etc. (using the categories on the bottom of the right hand side of the screen). Doing this will make your post appear in the appropriate section.
4) Having ‘Published’, add more posts as required.
5) When complete and you wish to return to the NAC website, hover the mouse over ‘Newhaven Archery Club’ in top left corner of the screen and click on ‘Visit Site’ when it appears. Alternatively logoff in the usual manner.
6) If you wish, you can ‘Save draft’ which saves your work and allows you to return later to complete it. You can however still see it under ‘My Posts’ from the main menu. From here you can click on ‘Preview’ on the right hand side of the title of the post, then click on ‘Edit’ to the left of the post’s title on the ‘preview’ screen. This will return you to the edit screen you used to create the post. From here you can ‘Save draft again or ‘Publish’.
What to do if it goes wrong.
If you can’t find the post where you expect, see the information here
If you have added a post but then can’t find it, you have probably created it but not categorised it as you thought. The default category is ‘Discussion’, which means it’ll appear under the ‘Discussion board’ heading.
If it’s there you know what has happened. Either a) recreate it (cut and paste all the text) categorised correctly and then mail me and ask me to delete the original or b) mail me and ask me to categorise it correctly.
If you’ve checked if your post is uncategorised and still can’t find your post, let me me know including what you want me to do with it if I find it.
Move the mouse so it hovers over the top right hand corner where ‘Howdy <name>’ is shown.
3 items will drop down. The middle one is ‘Edit profile’. Select it and update your information as required.
When complete, move the mouse over ‘Newhaven Archery Club’ in top left corner and select ‘Viisit Site’.
Move the mouse over the top righthand corner of the screen where it says ‘Howdy <name>’, the screen will drop down 3 clickable items the bottom one is ‘Log Out’.
On the logon screen there is a ‘Forgotten password’ link.
Click on this link and when prompted enter your username (or the e-mail address on your profile) an email will be sent to you with details on changing your password.
From the public pages of the NAC website, click ‘Members area’ from the top of the page or store the following link in your favourites: http://newhavenarcheryclub.co.uk
Stuck in a screen that’s not the website – which might look similar to below?
If so you are in the administration screens (you can’t do any damage, you only have access to ‘non dangerous’ options).
The 3 most common ways of getting to this screen are:
– After Creating a ‘Post’
– Editing your profile (from under ‘Howdy <name>’)
– Clicking on ‘Dashboard’, that appears if you hover over ‘Newhaven Archery Club’ in top left corner.
To return to the website, Click on ‘Newhaven Archery Club’:
and you will return to the Members area.