Quick post to let you know about the longbow/barebow competition and give you a link to download the form here.
The competition is on Saturday the 4th of August and closing date for entries is 28th July. Completely free to NAC members or £7 adults/£3.50 for under 18s.
Sadly I wont be able to join you but hope you have a good shoot 🙂
We are holding our “Have a Go” Open Afternoon on Saturday 7th April 2018 between 1pm and 4pm. To have a go is free and there will be drinks and cake on sale so please bring your friends and family – all ages are welcome.
HELP REQUIRED FROM MEMBERS – IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP, MUCH APPRECIATED.
I attach a poster if you would like to put this up anywhere.
Our beginners course this year is to be held over two days - Saturday 21st April & Saturday 28th April 2018 (10am – 4pm). Attendees must be available to attend all day for both days to complete the course. The course will cost £60 each and they will need to be aged 8 or above (under 18’s to be accompanied at all times each day by an adult). We will provide all equipment needed for the course.
I also attach the beginners course application form and info if you want to forward to anyone that would like to book a place now. Please ask them to send the form back to me with confirmation of payment.
AGAIN - HELP REQUIRED FROM MEMBERS – IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP, MUCH APPRECIATED.
Please contact me with any queries.
All the best
Links to download files:
2018 Archery Open Day leaflet 2xA4-1
BEGINNERS_COURSE_APPLICATION_FORM_APRIL MAY 2018
If you are looking at this page you might be wondering where the toolbar at the top of the screen has gone it seems to have diappeared. You’d be right, it has.
To logoff, whilst I now it’s not deemed good practice, just close your browser window.
I’m not sure why this has happened (or how to fix it) but I’m investigating.
This section is designed to hold posts containing copies of documents that belong to the club – just about anything that will be useful to future members of the club when current members of the club/ committee are not present.
Anything posted on this area – as with all of the site is visible to all members of the club.
To load a document into the repository.
Just follow the steps below. It’s quite easy – these steps are quite detailed. It’ll take you about 2 minutes (if that to load) a document for the 1st time.
If you are using these instructions, it may be worth copying and pasting them so you can still read a copy of them whilst following them.
1) Create a new ‘Post’ (using ‘New’, ‘Post’ from the top of the screen).
2) Click the ‘Add media’ button above the typing area.
3) Select the ‘Upload media’ tab.
4) Click ‘Select files’, and upload the file(s) you wish to store in the repository.
5) Wait for them to load
6) Return to the ‘Media library’ tab.
7) Click on your just loaded document.
8) Close the ‘Insert media’ ‘page’ (use the ‘X’ in its top right corner – NOT the one to close the web browser).
9) Type some text in the post. To turn part of it into a link to your uploaded document, highlight the bit that you want to be the link and click the ‘link’ icon on the formatting toolbar (looks a bit like a paperclip 4th from right on the top row).
10) Select the document ou want to click and if you want it to open in a new tab in the browser, tick the checkbox. Click the ‘Add link’ button.
To allow/ disallow comments being added to your post.
When creating the post, open the ‘Screen options’ pull down in the top right hand corner of the screen. Note: you may need to scroll to the top of the screen to see it.
Check the ‘Discussion’ checbox, this opens a section at the very bottom of the screen (scroll down if required) where you can turn on/ off the ability of other members to comment on your post.
*Liz is going to contact Firle Estate to investigate whether planning permission would be needed for a metal container on the site of the existing wagon.
*Members are preparing for the ‘Have a Go’ at Firle Horse Trials.
*One of our members may be willing to look at the wagon doors.
*A decision will be made on the padlocks once we know for sure what is happening to the wagon doors.
*The medieval shoot was a great success and will be run again next year.
*The committee are going to look at the distance markers that run up the middle of the field as they appear to be inaccurate.
- We plan to resolve the wagon lock issue by replacing the lock and arranging to get new keys to members who want them.
- Following a conversation with Firle Estate about the fencing and camping issues the club’s Officers will be meeting with Firle Estate.
- Plans are well under way for the Summer Bash.
- We are looking at getting a professional company in to deal with the rotting wagon doors as it’s a big job and needs to be completed quickly.
Apologies, I realised on July 22nd that I hadn’t added this so have added it and backdated it. Nigel.
Action list from the May committee meeting:
* We plan to resolve the wagon lock issue by replacing the lock and arranging to get new keys to members who want them.
* Following a conversation with Firle Estate about the fencing and camping issues the club’s Officers will be meeting with Firle Estate.
* Plans are well under way for the Summer Bash.
* We are looking at getting a professional company in to deal with the rotting wagon doors as it’s a big job and needs to be completed quickly.
If something isn’t working as you would expect, you’ve done something in error or just need some help then let me (Nigel) know and I’ll see what I can do. An e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org is probably easiest.
A link to a 4 page PDF userguide here.
I’ve lost my password.
Adding something to the ‘For Sale’ page or the ‘Discussion board’.
I’ve added something to the For Sale/ the discussion board / Feedback pages but it’s not being displayed.
I’m stuck in a strange screen with loads of little symbols down the left hand side.
I’m stuck in a strange screen, that appears to be called:
How do I change my details – e.g. password/ e-mail address etc.
Using the calendar
Importing the calendar into the calendar on my PC, tablet or phone.
Getting an ID on the system (Note: To see this screen you are currently logged on with an ID…)
Getting rid of unwanted boxes on the screen for entering a ‘New Post’.
Adding a comment to a page. If you can comment on a page there will be a ‘Leave a reply’ box at the bottom of the page e.g. as on the ‘Photo Gallery’ page’.
Commenting on someone else’s reply. Click on ‘Leave a reply’ under the person’s comment or on the speech bubble next to it (the number shows the number of existing replies.
Storing a link to a page (e.g. the ‘Score submission page) as a favourite so you can go straight to it. The exact steps depend on which browser you use, ask me (Nigel) and I’ll let you know.
Who can access the members area? Only members of the club who have been provided with an ID can access the site.
Suggesting an improvement to the website. Put it in a ‘Post’ in the ‘Discussion’ area of the site (the ‘Help’ area has a 3 step guide on how to do this here).
Adding photos to the gallery. – Send them to me – Nigel. You can add an image to a post that you create.